Wednesday 4 June 2014

Summertime

We're back to standard Aberdonian summer weather: cloudy with a hint of rain. As for me, I'm trying to force myself into doing dissertation work. It's not easy, but the more people whom I respect I talk to about it, the more impetus I have to do it because they assure me they'll be interested in reading it. So it'll essentially force me to not only do it, but do it well.

Other bits and pieces are coming together nicely too. My first video went out, my second is coming out soon, and I've sent off an application to be a Go Abroad ambassador next year - a team of people who are going to try to get the word out about Erasmus. You probably guessed from my extensive blogging during my year abroad that I enjoyed my time enormously (what do you mean you haven't read it? Go and read it now.) and this would give me the opportunity to share that love with other people.

Masters programmes! Are hilariously expensive. I'm looking all over the world for cheap/good/interesting programmes that want me, and currently that number is zero. There are cheap programmes that require one to have an undergraduate in Political Science (don't have), there are great programmes that require one to be born into a family of such wealth that your butler has a butler, and there are interesting programmes that require one to have started planning this approximately half an hour before your conception.

But you know, I'm going to go for them anyway. Scandinavia, Sciences Po in Paris, LSE, and probably GWU and Georgetown. Because hell, if I'm going to go big I may as well go hell big. And pray that I win the lottery without ever actually playing the lottery.

I also had an odd experience yesterday as I was apparently head-hunted to be a Deloitte ambassador. It sounds like a really interesting gig, so stay tuned for more information on that.

Right now there's food to be cooked and articles to write - I've written a couple for The Tab now, and here's one that might resonate with some readers: it's about the seven kinds of guy drunk guys turn into.  Plus videos for ESES. So very much to do, it's almost like I don't have a dissertation due in a couple of months. Ulp.

I'll be hiding, if anyone needs me.

No comments:

Post a Comment