Sunday 6 April 2014

The Last Supper

My last supper in the US was a sandwich and 4 bottles of beer. Not the ideal sign off, but it's been an expensive trip. I've so many photos, and so much video footage - I foresee a lot of editing in my immediate future and I'm really excited about that: not merely because it'll be useful experience and an addition to my portfolio, but because it's a chance to review some really exciting, really interesting responses to three simple questions. 
  1. What has been your best experience?
  2. Have you learnt anything, and are you going to take anything back to Aberdeen?
  3. If you could sum up the trip in one word, just one, what would it be?
I can't wait to put this video together. These are intelligent, articulate people, and their responses might surprise you. Or they might not. Let's wait and see.

It's almost 3am, and I realise that in this land of hidden tax, and unpaid interns, and massive, widespread poverty and homelessness - I don't want to leave. These are inspirational people. This is a land that calls, that screams to me so much more than France ever did. France is where people retire to. New York - well, it takes only a look out of the window to realise that this is where people live.

I think I might be back. So lock up your daughters.

And your sons.

Alternatively let them make their own decisions, and avoid locking anyone up. It's a bit creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment